Configuring x-windows for EGA

I'm trying to get a 486dx set up with X-windows. The
monitor I'm using is a NEC Multisynch JC1401-P3A EGA
that was manufactured when Ronald Reagan was peaking
in popularity (in the U.S. at least, before Oliver
North eclipsed him; no I'm not kidding :). I have
installed Debian 1.3.1 onto a 500 meg hard drive and
am now trying to get X Windows configured using the
text based install utility, because the graphical
setup uses VGA by default and that is (apparently) too
much for this dinosaur to handle.

Anyway, I am now at the menu where you choose the
horizontal synch range for the monitor. All the
choices available to me, save one are for VGA
monitors. The last choice allows me to put in a range
of my own. What should I put in?

Then, when it asks me about the vertical range, what
should I put in for that?

BTW the back of the monitor says it's rated for 120
volts at 60hz, and it appears to have jumpers for
color settings. If any other details would be helpful,
please let me know.