Lilo gets wiped off /mbr

This problem just started on my computer.  I had Slackware installed using
lilo with no problems.  I had no problems with Slink for a day and now when
I reboot lilo doesn't come up.  I have to use my boot floppy and boot into
Slink rerun /sbin/lilo and then I can boot properly into Windows 98 or Slink
one time.  The /mbr is on the Windows 98 disk, Slink is on another.  I read
in the mail list that sometimes if the boot sector has virus protection
enabled this type of thing happens but I checked and it is not.  Has anyone
had this problem before?
Thanks,
kent

@ www.xyf.webprovider.com