Re: exim and root mail

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 11:53:10AM +0100, Ruprecht Jaeschke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have some problem with Exim sending Mail to root. It looks like some
> permission problem but can't figure out why. Below is a full transcript of a
> mailsession to root. Maybe someone has an idea?

root should not get mail, and many MTA's refuse to deliver mail to
root (somtimes indirectly by automatically switching to user nobody if
run as root)

what you should do is add an alias for root so root's mail goes to a
real user.  this is usually done in /etc/aliases like this:

root:	me

then run newaliases.

note i'm a postfix user so exim may differ in this regard..

--
Ethan Benson