Re: silencing modem

After I have set up the internet connection, I changed the file
/etc/chatscripts/provider (or whatever there is)

from
ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT VOICE
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT "NO ANSWER"
"" ATZ     <-------- This line to ------>"" ATM0LO
OK ATDT010110191501
CONNECT \d\c

But that is not completely proper solution. It works because my modem is
always on. It never resets the modem, if I want I would reset it by turning it
off and on. But I suppose, that pppconfig program would accept something like
^M sign and so to make it possible to accepte configuration for modem like
ATZ^MATM0L0 when you configure the pon connection with pppconfig.

^M should stand for carriage return. You get it by typing ^, space and M.

Marko