Re: C++ dev environment advice

> Some have advised using the STL -- the Standard Template (not
> 'type') Library. That is sound advice.

Thanks to everyone who has continued this thread.

The STL does the trick for me, at least in regard to providing the
Abstract Data Types (ADTs) that I need.

There is a debian package 'stl-manual' (I use 'potato') which has the
html from SGI, by the way. I used that to gain enough understanding to
build test cases for the most challenging portions of the conversion and
achieved very satisfactory results.

I see from Stroustroup's web site that he is hoping to bring forth a
book that will incorporate the standard...

Thanks again. I am still getting somewhat bent trying to figure out how
to create a TCP driver in Windoze but at least I know how to do te bulk
of the coding.

Michael