Re: Recording cd's with cdrecord or xcdroast

Well, I tried with the cpu being on its default 133 mhz, but did it only occasionally
without buffer underruns, now I've overclocked to 166 mhz and that works just fine (of
course I made sure that not any single unnecessary process is running while burning, no
cron, no at, no anything).

I'm ripping with dd because cdparanoia is too unpredictable, so (out of memory, I'm not
at home now) I do:

dd if=/dev/hdc | cdrecord speed=2 <blablabla>

hdc is a asus cds-500 (50max ide-cdrom), hdd (with ide-scsi emulation) is a mitsumi
cr2801te (aka crapware) ide-cdrecorder.

hth,
&rw

--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /