Re: Soundblaster AWE64

On N¨m, 17 Hai   2000, Michael Symalla wrote:
> I tried to install a Soundblaster AWE64 under Debian 2.2. The Kernel
> 2.2.14 is compiled with the following options:
>
>  <*> Sound card support
>  <*> OSS sound modules
>  Additional low level sound drivers  --->
>     [*] Additional low level sound drivers
>     <*> AWE32 synth
>
> But the only message I recieve from my kernel during booting is:
>
> Sound initialization started
> AWE32: not detected
> Sound initialization complete

I have a SB AWE64 and it is a plug&play model. If your's is pnp as
well you have to compile the sound support as modules and then use
isapnp to initialize the cards many dma/io/irqs before loading the
sound modules. You should also be aware that pnpdump for some reason
does not detect all three io settings for the wavetable chip so you
must manually add them in. I can send you my isapnp.conf file if you
want to look at it.

--
Ashley Clark