Re: ppp_on_boot disconnects?

On Feb 16, 2000 at 10:28:11PM, John Hasler wrote:
> Matthew W. Roberts writes:
> > I'm not sure what that means.  It's almost like the connection is
> > terminated after running scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d .  I searched Deja
> > and the web but could not find any documentation on how this is supposed
> > to work.
>
> Either your ISP is hanging up on you or your modem is hanging up.  Does
> this ever happen when you run pon from the command line?

I can't recall any time that `pon' from the command line cut out like
this.  But there have been several times when `ppp_on_boot' has
disconnected unexpectedly.

As far as whether it is the ISP or the modem, does the following line
give any clue?

Feb 16 20:41:59 roberts pppd[149]: Hangup (SIGHUP)

Can you tell from that whether it was the ISP that hung up?