Re: ppp_on_boot disconnects?

Matthew W. Roberts writes:
> I'm not sure what that means.  It's almost like the connection is
> terminated after running scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d .  I searched Deja
> and the web but could not find any documentation on how this is supposed
> to work.

There's an init script that runs pon if /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot exists.  The
result is exactly the same as if you ran pon from the command line.

Either your ISP is hanging up on you or your modem is hanging up.  Does
this ever happen when you run pon from the command line?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org