Re: using power save and power down features

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 04:26:55PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> When using windows my computer move the screen automaticly to standby mode
> to save power after a certain time ( a bit after the screen save starts),
> and when I shut down it turns the computer of automaticly.
> Is it posible to perform these using linux? ( I am using potato, currently
> 2.2.9)

Here's the beginning of my .xsession file:

  # set power saving modes
  xset dpms 1800 2100 2200

  # set screen locking
  xautolock -time 30 -locker "xlock -mode blank" \
  -corners 00+0 -cornerdelay 2 -cornerredelay 5 -cornersize 10 &

It's set for 1800 (30 minutes) because that is what the monitor docs
recommended as the minimum time between degaussing. The monitor degauses
when it powers up.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com