Re: PCMCIA Network Installation

Hi Dave Whiteley; unless Mutt is confused, you wrote:
> I have an "Ethernet Gold II" PCMCIA card, (GCS2220)
> Looking at Linux Laptop documentation it suggests that this
> card uses "pcnet_cs".
>
> I have run the "Configure PCMCIA" in the installation process before
> configuring the drivers. I accepted the default settings.
>
> What driver module should I select to get the network going? Or
> am I missing something somewhere
>
> Thanks to everyone who answers questions here. You are extremely
> useful to me.
>
> Dave Whiteley

I am no expert, but I don't think you need to load any modules (provided
you do have the pcmcia installed). You should edit
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts file to suit your setup, connect the card and
let it go. This approach worked for me (running frozen,
pcmcia-cs_3.1.8-4 and xircom card). _Do not_ set up any network info in
/etc/init.d/* files; pcmcia takes care of it.

HTH,
damir