Re: [*] rpm to deb

> i saw a litter form this list, it said there are some tools can conver the rpm
> pakage to deb pakage. but can it work well?
I'm very impressed with the 'alien' package (apt-get install alien). A couple
people who suggested that I try it told me that it isn't entirely reliable, but
so far I've only had two or three RPMs that didn't convert perfectly and two
of those I was able to get working anyway (they just installed the programs
in a different folder than the bin one so all I had to do was move it to /usr/bin
or something like that). One program not working out of a buttload is nothing.
Alien is very good.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee Interactive  http://www.gigabee.com