Debian Newbie problems.

Hi,

I have the following problems on installing debian 2.0 from a single cdrom
of "cheapbyte official binary".

1. Sometimes when I shutdown using cntrl-alt-delete, my machine sometimes
hangs with the last line saying

Shutting down cron.

I have tried changing the ctrl-alt-delete command to /sbin/shutdown. But
no use. Sometimes hangs and sometime OK. I saw this on two debian
machines. On somemachines no such problem. On all machines the
installation was from the same cd.

2. How to get the spice program in debian version. (Spice is the
electronics circuit analysis program readily available in redhat rpm
format). I installed spice*.rpm in debian using the alien command, but it
didnot run due to library mismatches. I dont know how to identify the
libraries needed for installing some rpms.

3. I couldnot find netscape in the debian cd I am using. What is the best
source for buying debian cds from so that I get almost everything I need
to put on a networked workstation having internet access. I have heard of
infomagic debian. I have no idea about it.

Thanking you,
Suresh
Suresh Kumar.R, 		              Email: suresh@mycampus.com
Dept of Electronics & Communication
College of Engineering, Trivandrum - 695 016, INDIA
Phone: (O) 91 471 414634/418379, (R) 91 471 443496