Re: rebuild kernel and modules

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 12:13:53PM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:

> make-kpkg is a nice piece of software, and IMHO, well worth looking
> into if you're using Debian and like keeping up your own kernels.

Indeed, after avoiding it for months, I finally actually built a kernel
'the debian way' and found it a breeze.  No more 'make bzImage && make
modules && make modules_install' and then digging the kernel out of
arch/i386/boot, etc.  It just worked.

I'll try to behave myself in the future and use make-kpkg on future
kernel builds.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting