RE: No internet connection with 'frozen' and 2.2.14 kernel...

On 14-Feb-2000 Rajesh Radhakrishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an ethernet connection. I have a 3Com 595 card and use the
> 3Com59x.o driver module in linux.
>
> After I installed 'frozen' over the net, I downloaded 2.2.14 and
> compiled it.
>
> During bootup, it recognises eth0 and prints out the message regd
> the 3c59x card but then it gives me 'depmod' errors with all the
> '.o files' in the /lib/modules/2.0.36/pcmcia/ directory.

This has happened to me also, and I just recompiled the pcmcia modules.
I keep a copy of the package I built, so the next time it happens, I am ready.
Of course, it is necessary to compile a new modules package each time the
kernel is upgraded.

I believe you will find instructions in /usr/doc/pcmcia

--
Andrew