Out of control tcplogd

I have two machines running Corel Linux 1.0 (not sure which debain
release this corresponds to) and am having difficulty with
one or possibly both of them. The one machine, named kovu,
started responding with "Resource temporarily unavailable" messages
when I tried to perform most any task from a shell. Upon further
investigation, I noticed that it was swamped with sleeping tcplogd
processes. The daemon log was full of messages of the form

"tcplogd: port 832 connection attempt from unknown@meeko.sabado.com"

and also

"tcplogd: port 832 connection attempt from root@meeko.sabado.com"

where meeko is my other linux box.

Inspection of meeko's logs showed tons of messages of the form

"tcplogd: auth connection attempt from kovu.sabado.com"

On kovu, I restarted iplogger and all the sleeping tcplogd's went away.
However, every 5-15 minutes a new one is added and I assume they will
eventually chew up all available processes. There are no extra instances
of tcplogd on meeko.

Obviously, I've screwed something up somewhere, but don't know what.
Any guess as to what's going on? Is there any particular significance
to port 832? I didn't see it listed in the services. What on meeko could
be attempting to open this port? Further, why does tcplogd keep spawning
new processes that don't go away?

I realize that iplogger is being replaced, but would really like to
understand
this problem before I explore upgrading packages.

Thanks for any help.

Mark Lynn
Sabado Technologies
mark@sabado.com