Re: HELP - Screwed Up Package Listings

If you have only just done this, and not played with dselect since,
then a
	cp /var/lib/dpkg/status{.old,}

command will set things right.  It would be a good idea to look at the
status.old file first (more, less, your favorite text editor), just to
make sure it has what you want.

If you have been in and out of dselect, making changes each time, then
it may be possible to revert to one of the archive copies of the status
file (status.0, status.1.gz, etc.), although these may not reflect the
state of your system if you have added or removed packages since they
were created.  If which case you can manually add or delete the
appropriate entries by cut'n'paste and editing the status field to
reflect the state those packages are in.

Hope that helps,

	Bruce