HELP - Screwed Up Package Listings

HELP - I've royally screwed up my dselect package listing.  I was working in
dselect to get rid of packages that I never use on my server (games, xemacs,
etc) and had a finger slip that removed a required package and exited to the
menu.  Now almost every package is set to remove.  How can I get the packages
list rebuilt?

If this has to be done manually, is there a way to force apt/dselect to
downgrade to slink (the slink cd is in the cd changer on the machine and the
machine is currently running potato)?

TIA,

chris

--
Your aims are high, and you are capable of much.