Re: e-commerce solution needed

Felipe Alvarez Harnecker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's there any decent e-commerce package that runs on debian??
> I don't care if it is commercial.
>
> I know intershop runs on Suse but never succeded to install it under debian.
>
> any pointer would be great.
 I too recommend:     http://www.minivend.com
 also, as a tool:     http://www.webmin.com
 also, as a tool:     http://www.shopadmin.de
 also, as a tool:     http://www.linuxia.net/minimate/

I use these with some success. Be aware that this stuff is not user
friendly and there is a very steep learning curve. It will help greatly
if you are skilled in perl, and have a thorough knowledge of HTML4
coding; also php4 or zope are very useful. If you can master it,
Minivend offers the most flexible "programming environment" available
for e-commerce. I repeat "programming environment" NOT shopping cart
system. Good Luck!!
 --
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173