Re: X crashes when moving mouse

On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 03:48:58AM +0100, Marko Cehaja wrote:
> I have Slink 2.1.
>
> When I start X, either via XDM or via startx, switch to konsole, switch back
> to X and in the same time move my mouse vigorously (or accidentaly) my X
> crashes.
>
> If I leave the mouse while switching to X for couple of seconds, everything is
> alright.
>
> I have ps/2 mouse and it works fine. The crash comes when switching to X and
> in the same time trying to move the mouse (which doesn't move on the screen
> for couple of seconds).
>
> What is this and how to get rid of this? This makes my work very unsecure, as
> it has a big risk to crash my applications, if I start using X immediately
> after the switch from the konsole.

I used to have that problem as well.  After doing an upgrade of the
X Windows stuff it stopped happening.  If I remember correctly, the
X stuff for Slink can be gotten by adding the line:
deb http://www.debian.org/~vincent/ xfree-update main
to your /etc/apt/sources.conf  Once that's been added you should
be able to get the newer X packages using whatever method you usually
use to do such things.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"