Re: Unidentified subject!

what size hd ? that typically happens if:

1) the root partition is not a primary partition
2) the root partition is not marked as bootable/active
3) the root partition exists beyond the 1024-cylinder marker on the drive.

i thought newer versions of LILO were supposed to compensate for the 1024
cylider problem but i have a mandrake 7 machine(very new) and it does the
same gotta boot it from floppy.

nate