Re: ipfilter

> A thousand pardons if this has been a FAQ, but...
>
> Would someone be good enough to clue me in on the current status of the
> ipfilter package as far as Linux is concerned?

You won't see much about ipfilter outside of *BSD and Solaris - the
patches haven't been updated since 2.0.34 or so (early 1998!).

> I've farted around the net looking for stuff and I keep coming up dry.
> I seem to recall a kernel patch awhile back...<?>

Mostly because almost no one uses, and is interested in maintaining (it
seems like) ipfilter on Linux.  Linux has it's own firewalling/NAT setup
(ipfwadm/ipmasqadm on 2.0.x, ipchains on 2.2.x, and netfilter in
2.3.x/2.4.x).

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein