Re: Problem removing pcmcia-cs

Try: dpkg --force-remove-reinstreq pcmcia-cs

Look at "dpkg --help-force" and "man dpkg" for more info.

On the offhand chance that fails you can always manually edit the entry
out of /var/lib/dpkg/status, rm the files listed as conffiles in the
status file and all files listed in /var/lib/dpkg/info/pcmcia-cs.list,
then rm all pcmcia-cs* files in the info dir.