Re: PCI modems with Linux?

look your modem(s) up on this page:

http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/20000207b.html

confirm they are not winmodems, chances are if you paid less then $90
US. it is a winmodem.  anyways if it is not, i think it would be easiest
to contact tech support from the company that makes it and ask em how to
get the modem working in dos MODE. if it works in dos mode it works in
linux, pretty much gauranteed.  if it needs some special driver/program
you can load it in dos mode then boot linux iwth loadlin.

nate