Re: IMAP doesn't really *delete* messages when they're moved....

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Joe Emenaker wrote:

> I'm using the regular imap daemon. When I move files from my inbox to
> another folder with Outlook Express, the messages seem to get marked as
> deleted. However, when I click "purge", they don't delete. I have to
> explicitly UNdelete them and then delete them again before they actually
> purge from my inbox.
>
> 1 - Does anybody know if this is a "feature" of the imap daemon or if it's
> something wrong with how Outlook Express is talking to it?
> 2 - Are there any solutions (different imap server or changing a parameter
> in Outlook Express)?

No this is highly irregular.  I don't have a windows box at the moment to
test but I used to use outlook express a lot and it did work.

I suspect some kind of permissions problem.  Did you check
/var/log/mail.log and /var/log/auth.log for anything fishy?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>