Install problem

		I am trying to install Debian GNU/Linux version 2.1 on a
Compaq Deskpro PII 233. I have downloaded all of the required files from
the ftp site and I am using a boot disk to install Debian. The base file
(base2_1.tgz) is on the dos partition. The install goes fine until it
tries to unzip the base file. Then I get an error stating that "There
was a problem extracting the Base System from
/instmnt/linux/debian/base2_1.tgz. I have downloaded this several times
from different sites to make sure I didn't get a bad copy with no luck.
I have also tried to install the base from floppy disks and I get the
same results. Any ideas on what could be causing this.

		Thanks in advance,
		Jerry