[Off-topic] Scanner advice sought

I'd appreciate advice on selecting a simple Linux-compatible scanner. Nothing
fancy, just to scan the odd picture of our daughter etc. Lowish resolution is
fine.  I wouldn't want to spend more than 100 USD. I have no SCSI adapter
(yet ?).

I've studied the SANE webpage as well as the Hardware HOWTO, but have
difficulties locating any of the supported models in stores.  Also, real-life
feedback might be quite illuminating. So any helpful information would be
greatly appreciated. Please email me privately as I am not currently
subscribed to debian-user. I will summarise back to the list.

Thanks,  Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.