Soundcard Configuration

Hello!
Some days ago I wrote to this list to get some answers to my problem, but I didn't explain it very well.
I installed the soundcard Soundblaster PCI64 in my Linux. Now it works, but not properly. I can play all the audio formats, but not audio CD's.
I'm sure that there isn't any problem with the cables from the CD drivers to the card. I'm using these drivers in Windows and I can play audio CD's in both CD drivers. I already verified the mixer and there's no mute selection enabled.
I still made another test. With headphones I realized that there is sound in the headphones output.
Did someone already have a seemed problem ? Is perhaps this problem occuring because I'm using two drivers? The soundcard supports two devices, but I don't know if a special configuration is required.
Thank you!

Ivo