Re: help with sound config

    jsja>
    Chanop> Once upon a time, I heard john s anderson said
    >>> I'm currently trying to get my SoundBlaster PCI128 card to work,
    >>> and I'm on my seventh kernel compile, and I'm starting to pull
    >>> my hair out. The damn thing won't work! I'm basically a Mac
    >>> person/PC hardware loser, so I'm afraid there's some basic thing
    >>> I'm missing. Any help or pointers welcomed, and please don't
    >>> hesitate with insultingly simple ones, either.
    jsja>
    Chanop> I think you need es1371 probably es1370 in sound section :)
    Chanop> That's all you need for SB PCI128
    jsja>  Following up for the list archives: The es1371 driver in the
    jsja> current kernel did not work for this card; Creative has
    jsja> apparently revved the codec, or the way the codec reports
    jsja> itself to the driver, and the card is thus not recognized
    jsja> correctly.
    jsja>
    jsja> ALSA 0.5.2, however, does work. It has also been reported to
    jsja> me that kernel 2.3.40 works; I have not confirmed that myself.

I have been using the es1370 driver for my SoundBlaster PCI128 card
without any problems since kernel 2.2.10 - the first of the 2.2.x series
that I tried.

Here are the settings from my .config file:

CONFIG_SOUND=y
CONFIG_SOUND_ES1370=y
CONFIG_SOUND_ES1370_JOYPORT_BOOT=y

--