Re: help with sound config

  Chanop> Once upon a time, I heard john s anderson said
  >> I'm currently trying to get my SoundBlaster PCI128 card to work,
  >> and I'm on my seventh kernel compile, and I'm starting to pull my
  >> hair out. The damn thing won't work! I'm basically a Mac
  >> person/PC hardware loser, so I'm afraid there's some basic thing
  >> I'm missing. Any help or pointers welcomed, and please don't
  >> hesitate with insultingly simple ones, either.

  Chanop> I think you need es1371 probably es1370 in sound section :)
  Chanop> That's all you need for SB PCI128

Following up for the list archives: The es1371 driver in the current
kernel did not work for this card; Creative has apparently revved the
codec, or the way the codec reports itself to the driver, and the card
is thus not recognized correctly.

ALSA 0.5.2, however, does work. It has also been reported to me that
kernel 2.3.40 works; I have not confirmed that myself.

john.

                 John S Jacobs Anderson jacobs@genehack.org
                  \* Genehack:  Not your daddy's weblog */
                   \*    <URL:http://genehack.org>     */