Re: ssl'ed / ssh'ed ftp ?

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 09:32:11PM -0800, t s a d i wrote:
> hello all,
>     we use ssh (and ssl telnet) at our place to remotely admin some
> machines (we are on an untrusted network) ...
>     our concern now is on ftp, is there such thing as an ssh'ed or
> ssl'ed ftp ? or any equivalent ?  (using ssh's file transfer capability
> is not an option since no Win9x ssh client supports this)

For Windows clients try the ssh extension to Teraterm at:

http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

With the port-forwarding feature, I was able to use good old ws_ftp from the
Windows machine to connect securely to our Solaris server running openssh's
sshd. That should work for you.

Unfortunately for me, the federal agency I work for has declared its intention
to block all port 21 connections from outside starting next week. I don't know
if ssh's port forwarding will work anymore after that agency-wide block. Any
ideas?