Re: email

> I am new to Linux. Just installed slink after resolving large disk
> issues. Answered setup questions as best I could and now would like to
> use email facilities. Setup asks for IP address, but not for telephone
> numbers for my provider, msn, and seems to behave as though it is
> directly hooked up to a network, which it is not. For example, using
> emacs, I sent myself a test message... emacs accepted it fine, but of
> course it never went anywhere
>
> How do I now go back in and set up an appropriate dial-up resource
> comparable to Outlook Express, etc, where messages are stored on my
> provider and downloaded when I dial in?

You need to use the script 'pppconfig' to setup the configuration for your
dial-up connection.

The networking questions you saw were for, as you thought, a direct
network connection.

You _do_ need some information about MSN to be able to successfully
connect through them:

* Your username and password
* Their DNS servers

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein