email

I am new to Linux. Just installed slink after resolving large disk issues. Answered setup questions as best I could and now would like to use email facilities. Setup asks for IP address, but not for telephone numbers for my provider, msn, and seems to behave as though it is directly hooked up to a network, which it is not. For example, using emacs, I sent myself a test message... emacs accepted it fine, but of course it never went anywhere

How do I now go back in and set up an appropriate dial-up resource comparable to Outlook Express, etc, where messages are stored on my provider and downloaded when I dial in?

David