Question on Scanner and sane

Dear All,

I just buy an AcerScan Prisa 320P scanner. It is connected to
parallel port. It works fine under Win95. Is it possible to use
it under Debian?

Besides, I tried to use sane package to see if it is helpful.
But I found something strange. My system is potato (upgraded
one week ago), and the sane package version are:

libsane: 1.0.1-1999-10-21-9
sane:	 1.0.1-1999-10-21-9

but when I run "scanimage --list-devices", the menu said that it
should report all the devices found in /etc/sane.d/, but it report
nothing. If I run "scanimage --help", it reports:

Usage: scanimage [OPTION]...

Start image acquisition on a scanner device and write PNM image data to
standard output.

-d, --device-name=DEVICE   use a given scanner device
-h, --help                 display this help message and exit
-L, --list-devices         show available scanner devices
-T, --test                 test backend thoroughly
-v, --verbose              give even more status messages
-V, --version              print version information
scanimage: no SANE devices found

So, what's wrong with this? And, I also see that /etc/sane.d/qcam.conf
which seems to use the parallel port device. So, is it possible to use
it under other parallel port scanners? What kernel options should I use
to support parallel port scanners?

Thank you very much for your reply in advance.

(ps. I do not subscribe to this list. Would you please also send a copy
     of your reply also to:

	thhsieh@twcpro.phys.ntu.edu.tw

     Thank you very much).

T.H.Hsieh