Re: newbie has graphics card problem

> I have a Diamond Viper 770 but Slink (XF86Setup) doesn't have a profile for this. Has anyone been able to get X running on these if so could you drop me a copy of the chip, ramdac and driver used for these.
> One other problem how do you tell which port your mouse is attached to ie. tty0, tty2 etc. I can't seem to find the right one.
> Is there a command in bash that can autodetect this ?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Douglas Hunter

I also have the Diamond Viper 770, I couldn't get it to work under Slink
either (but there are drivers for NVidia RIVA TNT2 card that you can
download from www.nvidia.com, perhaps they work), if you install Potato
however and run xf86config it works (at least with me). Just as soon as
you get the question if you want to take a look at the cards database
answer no, don't select any Clockchip and don't let xf86config probe your
clocksetting. That way all X works fine with me.

To find out where your mouse is at you could run gpmconfig, that should
find it (at least, as long as you don't own a usb mouse... that won't work
with any stable kernel, perhaps you can get it to work with a 2.3.xx
kernel they should have usb support).

Ron