Re: Compiled Emacs

On 02/04/00 12:44AM, davidturetsky wrote:
> My attempts to install x-windows fail ( I assume some setting is
> making the installer unhappy, but I can't take more time to chase
> it now). I have also not installed browsers on the Linux side, but

You're gonna have to post some error messages or provide more
details about the problems you're having.

> enjoy using Opera. Not sure if a Linux version is yet available

There's a "Technology Preview" (read alpha) available of Opera for
Linux. It has worked pretty well for me so far. Check it out at:

  http://www.opera.com/linux/index.html

> It would be convenient if I could get a compiled version of emacs,
> but ftp://ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/ntemacs/<... > is now password
> protected

???

You should be able to grab a debian package of emacs from any of the
mirrors. Take a look at:

  http://www.debian.org/misc/README.mirrors

for more mirror info.

 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )