Re: Schedule-like app for Linux

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 03:55:32PM -0800, aphro wrote:
> i'd look into lotus notes, it requires glibc2.1 ..so if u use debian u

NO!  Exchange is bad but Notes is truly appalling.  Picture an email client that cannot mark messages as replied to, that cannot even begin to match the functionality of Outlook Express or Netscape Composer.  We have Notesi/Domino at work and it is amazing how good MS Exchange is by comparison.

Being anti-MS is fine but your users will hate you if you impose a crap system on them.  And Notes is so hard it is cruel.
Why not use Outlook 2000 for the Win2K boxes? Its free in that it comes in the box with MS Office.  It has calendar sharing built in.  And it doesn't require a MS Exchange Server.  In my old firm, we moved from NT/Exchange to Linux/Sendmail and none of the users noticed.