Re: .gz in Netscape

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Colin Telmer wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Oleg Krivosheev wrote:
>
> > looks like Netscape decompress the file while i'm doing
> > shift+b1. So instead of aaa.diff.gz i'm getting aaa.diff
>
> Actually, it doesn't decompress it strangely enough. It just removes the
> .gz extension. I've always experienced this. Bizzare.

really?

wondering where the difference is...

just tried both

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/source/text/
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/source/text/

downloading less_346-6.diff.gz, listed length 10 Kb

shift+b1

both times i got less_346-6.diff, length around 30 kB and
apparently it is decompressed

basically it prevents from d/l and rebuilding the package -
i have to compress them myself and remade .dsc file with
md5sum and such

regards

OK