Re: Possible convert

	From debian-user-request@lists.debian.org Wed Feb 02 08:15:22 2000
	From: KevinJ2525@aol.com
	Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:49:18 EST
	Subject: Possible convert
	To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

	I have thinking for sometime switching over to linux.  Before I do a total
	conversion I want to test the waters a little bit.  I have an old Gateway,
	486 66 machine with about 16 megs of RAM, 1 gig of hard disk and 8X cd
	player.  Could iLinux be installed on such a machine?  I don't want to
	upgrade the hardware but I can if it will make a real difference.
	Thank you for any advice.
	Kevin Jennings

You'll be fine.  Linux makes very efficient use of resources.
My first system was a 486SX 33Mhz with 8 Mb ram and a 250 M
drive.  Worked great.  Of course the XWindow stuff takes a
bit of room.

Good luck,
Robert