installing problem

Hi,
I am installing Debian 2.1 on my old laptop with floppy disks, using the lowmem disk, and having a problem. When I press enter at the boot: prompt, the system uncompresses the root.bin, uncompresses linux, but when it tries to start linux, the computer reboots.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens, and how I can correct this problem?

                                                  Needing help,
                                                  J. Keller