Re: Setting up Debian - II

Hello Guys,

The Bootdisks vrom Debian 2.2 sucks.

I have downloaded the base2_2.tgz and all neccesary files last year and
taken an installation from ZIP-Disk... It was working great.

Now I have downloaded the last version of it (27.01.2000) and now I can
run install from the ZIP-Disk (Booted with a Dos-Boot-Disk) and I am
running in truble, because Linux can Boot but do not find the hdc (my ZIP100).

I have the same Files on a second ZIP-Disk for Debian 2.1r2 and it works
very well.

Who is the maintainer of this packages ???

A ZIP-Disk is like a harddisk but it is not there. Why ???

If I run the Debian 2.1 Setup and I like to partition a Harddisk, the hdc
(my ZIP100)is there but not in Debian 2.2.

Curently I have no running Linux workstation (it is died with my Harddisk)
and I do not like to install the OLD Debian 2.1

Michelle