Re: X/fvwm forcing me to place windows
- To: Robert Waldner <email@example.com>
- Cc: Debian listerv <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: X/fvwm forcing me to place windows
- From: "David J. Kanter" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:44:07 -0600
- Message-id: <20000201174407.A4452@milwaukee>
- Mail-followup-to: Robert Waldner <waldner@Austria.EU.net>, Debian listerv <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <200002010818.JAA08231@rechnah.austria.eu.net>; from waldner@Austria.EU.net on Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 09:18:35AM +0100
- References: <20000131202613.B2528@milwaukee> <200002010818.JAA08231@rechnah.austria.eu.net>
On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 09:18:35AM +0100, Robert Waldner wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:26:13 CST, "David J. Kanter" writes:
> >I've got fvwm set up so that when it starts, I have 2 xterms and xjed on on
> >page; mutt on another; and slrn on yet another. And when I start netscape,
> >it automatically goes to another page. I'm working with that default 3x3
> >desktop, which is fine for me.
> >If you want to know how to do this, let me know.
> at least I would like to know, but as I'm supposedly not the only one,
> maybe you could answer this to the list?
---end quoted text---
# Make windows and icons snap to each other.
SnapAttraction 8 All
# Some pre-start set-ups: These are going to ensure that when the programs
# are started, they start on the rights pages.
Style gkrellm* Sticky
Style e-mail* StartsOnPage 1 0, SkipMapping
Style news* StartsOnPage 2 0, SkipMapping
Style Netscape* StartsOnPage 0 1, SkipMapping
# I don't want the CD player to have a title bar, so...
Style XfreeCD* NoTitle
# This stuff is started each time fvwm2 is either started OR restarted.
# I'm going to have these always "on": 2 xterms, xjed and gkrellm. Also, I
# want mutt and slrn to start up, but on different pages of the desktop.
+ "I" Exec xterm -rv -geometry +64+0
+ "I" Exec xterm -rv -geometry +560+0 -T "root window"
+ "I" Exec xjed -geometry +330+360
+ "I" Exec gkrellm -geometry -0+0
+ "I" Exec xterm -geometry 125x64+0+0 -T "e-mail" -e mutt
+ "I" Exec xterm -geometry 125x64+0+0 -T "news" -e slrn
David J. Kanter