Re: lilo

So are you using a floppy to boot into Linux then? Assuming that's the
case, you should be able to edit /etc/lilo.conf as long as you are root.
If you want to use BootMagic as the boot manager, you'll have to
configure Lilo to install in the root partition's boot sector as opposed
to the MBR. In other words:

boot=/dev/your_root_partition
root=/dev/your_root_partition

Of course, you have to execute the 'lilo' command after editing for the
changes to take effect.

Tom