Re: Stumble near the finish line?

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 09:04:33PM -0700, dkphoto wrote:
: Well, my dselect session began almost exactly 12 hours ago! The proper
: packages for my chose profile have all been installed and the setup
: program has been running for a couple of hours. Suddenly I get the
: following on the screen:
:
: Running initex. This may take some time. ...
: fmtutil : 'tex -ini-progname=latex latex.ini' failed.
:
: Can someone tell me what this is all about?

It means LaTex failed to set up properly.  Unless you were dead-set on
typesetting a bunch of documents it's no big deal.

--
Nathan Norman                    Network Magician, Eclectic Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7