Re: Broken Debian Installations

> I'd also recommend staying away from dselect.  apt-get upgrade
> will allow you to break out in the cases where some new package
> decides it wants to remove dozens of conflicting packages.
> Dselect seems to just go ahead and do it.

Huh? When I de-select something that is depended on, dselect
politely gives me a list of changes. You can easily change them
back again, and there are probably keys to do that automagically,
too. Despite the bashing every now and then, I still think dselect
is a great tool, and not too hard to use if you care to read the
manual. I hear there will be even better package-management
tools in Potato? (I'm now using slink)

Arnout
arnout.engelen@beer.com