MSMail client & scientific plotting/fitting program

Hi there,

    do anyone know a Linux client for MSMail?

    Also, do anyone know of a good Linux replacement for Windows'
Microcal Origin? I'd need a program that can create scientific
graphics/plots (no need for 3D plots), do both linear and nonlinear
function fitting (preferrably it should allow the user to enter his own
functions, as I'd need to do many "non-standard" fits, like a sum of
Legendre Polynomials, for instance) and be able to exchange data with MS
Excel and/or Microcal Origin (even if it cannot export and/or import the
graphics, I'd need to import/export the data)... If possible, I'd like
it to be at least *a bit*  intuitive to use, also...

TIA,

Guilherme Zahn