Printing- looking for documentation

Does anyone know where I can find useful documentation
on printing that is specific to Debian? The Printing
HOWTO doesn't work because it doesn't apply to the
lprng model. I bought a book on Debian put out by SAM
that's  over 1100 pages long and only about 2 pages
(that's right 2!) have anything to say about the
subject.

I'm looking for step-by-step instructions for
installing a local printer on my workstation. I've had
Debian on my box for 2 years and have never been able
to get the damned thing to print to save my life.