dselect would like to remove perl!!!

	... and many othe essential packages!
	I upgrade/update potato daily. I use dselect
	just to see the new packages and "friendly"
	select them.
	However, the last upgrade attempt presented
	a very difficult situation of conflict.
	Many packages are required to be removed due
	to problems with libc6 (and libc6-bin) and perl.

	I tried wit apt-get update/upgrade.
	The result is:

The following packages have been kept back
  libc6 libc6-dev libc6-pic locales
25 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.

	What does this mean? What can I do?  ... Who am I? ...

	Alberto