Re: Debian & SAMBA

there is a debian distribution of SAMBA based on 2.0 its included in
slink, and probably potato.

i reccomend you use the latest CVS build of samba, as it seems to be MUCH
MUCH better then 2.0, despite it's alpha/beta status.  I worked with 2.0
for hours trying to fix problems to no avail, installed 3.0 and BANG
worked perfectly.

you can get the latest CVS code by following the directions here:

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/page2.html

i have been using samba CVS for 6+ months and have never had a
problem. transferred as much as 12gigs at once and it flew.

nate