Re: Debian & SAMBA

Samba is part of slink (the current denian distro) You can choose it durring the instal, and setup is noproblem.

>>> <drankin@fibichandgarth.com> 01/27/00 04:38PM >>>
I am going to set up a debian linux box and I want to run the samba
server.  Obviously I have not done it yet, thus the question.  I have
searched in vain, via Samba.org, for Debian specific builds of Samba.  I
think this simply tells me that I have to build my own distribution from
source code once I have Debian Linux up and running.  If anyone knows
where I can find documentation that will get me through this process, OR
IF I AM COMPLETELY OUT IN LEFT FIELD in what I am planning to do, any
"pearls of wisdom" you may have will be greatly appreciated.

drankin@txucom.net